Grants awarded to help low-income families in Alabama
Money goes to agencies assisting with water costs
Published: Mar. 17, 2022 at 1:10 PM EDT
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTOK) - Gov. Kay Ivey has awarded grants totaling $11.1 million to help low-income households statewide with water service costs.
The grants for the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program will enable community service agencies to help with residential water and wastewater services costs for low-income households in all 67 counties. A priority is given to the elderly, people with disabilities and families with young children. To qualify for assistance, household income must not exceed 150 percent of the federally established poverty level.
|Below is a list of each grant, the recipient agency, counties served and the agency telephone number:|
|• $1.23 million to Community Service Programs of West Alabama Inc. (Bibb, Choctaw, Dallas, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Lamar, Perry, Sumter and Tuscaloosa) 205-752-5429|
• $716,925 to Community Action Agency of South Alabama (Baldwin, Clarke, Conecuh, Escambia, Marengo, Monroe and Wilcox) 251-626-2646
• $107,954 to Pickens County Community Action Committee and Community Development Corporation Inc. (Pickens) 205-367-1283
• $285,132 to Community Action Agency of Northwest Alabama Inc. (Colbert, Franklin and Lauderdale) 256-766-4330
• $535,006 to Community Action Partnership of Middle Alabama Inc. (Autauga, Chilton, Elmore and Shelby) 205-755-1204
• $266,435 to Community Action Committee Inc. of Chambers-Tallapoosa-Coosa (Chambers, Coosa and Tallapoosa) 256-825-4287
• $306,389 to Alabama Council on Human Relations Inc. (Lee) 334-821-8336
• $819,336 to Community Action Partnership of Huntsville-Madison and Limestone Counties Inc. (Madison and Limestone) 256-851-9800
• $1.11 million to Mobile Community Action Inc. (Mobile and Washington) 251-457-5700
• $554,236 to Montgomery Community Action Committee and Community Development Corporation Inc. (Montgomery) 334-263-3474
• $690,014 to Community Action Partnership of North Alabama Inc. (Cullman, Lawrence, Marion, Morgan and Winston) 256-355-7843
• $1.83 million to Community Action Agency of Northeast Alabama Inc. (Blount, Cherokee, DeKalb, Jackson, Jefferson, Marshall and St. Clair) 256-638-4430
• $683,448 to Organized Community Action Program Inc. (Bullock, Butler, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Lowndes and Pike) 334-566-1712
• $497,590 to Community Action Agency of Talladega, Clay, Randolph, Calhoun and Cleburne (Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Randolph and Talladega) 256-362-6611
• $201,218 to Walker County Community Action Agency Inc. (Walker County) 205-221-4010
• $668,757 to Southeast Alabama Community Action Partnership Inc. (Barbour, Coffee, Geneva, Henry and Houston) 334-347-0881
• $254,416 to Macon-Russell Community Action Agency Inc. (Macon and Russell) 334-727-6100
• $321,012 to Community Action of Etowah County Inc. (Etowah) 256-546-9271
Want more news from WTOK 11 in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WTOK. All rights reserved.